BPI - NaN (Not a Number)

Feedback on the graphic design editor which was added to the DesNav H1 Calculator in July 2013

BPI - NaN (Not a Number)

Postby mattnz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:36 pm

I have used the Graphic Design Editor and my project complies using the Calculation Method.

I know I don't really need the BPI calculation but when I try to use the BPI Calculation and enter the Total Living Area Floor Area and the Average Room Heights for a Medium Wight Thermal Mass the BPI shows NaN.

I have tried to find out where there data come from to see if there is an error.

Any ideas why this should happen?

Many thanks
mattnz

Re: BPI - NaN (Not a Number)

Postby Albrecht Stoecklein » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:14 am

Hi Matt,

As you know the letters NaN stand for "Not a Number". It means that somewhere in the data entry cells the program expected a number and you have entered something that doesn't have the format of a number for either the total living floor area or the average room height.

That sometimes happens when accidentially a comma was used instead of a decimal point, or a space is added before or after the number. So please just double check you data entry again.

If you are still stuck you can e-mail me the project ID number and I will have a look.

Sunny regards

Albrecht
Albrecht Stoecklein

Postby mattnz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Albrecht Stoecklein wrote:Hi Matt,

As you know the letters NaN stand for "Not a Number". It means that somewhere in the data entry cells the program expected a number and you have entered something that doesn't have the format of a number for either the total living floor area or the average room height.

That sometimes happens when accidentially a comma was used instead of a decimal point, or a space is added before or after the number. So please just double check you data entry again.

If you are still stuck you can e-mail me the project ID number and I will have a look.

Sunny regards

Albrecht

Thanks Albrecht. I have had a good look through but couldn't see any errors with the numbers. The roof is skillion angled about 10 degrees, so I have had to average room heights. Initially when I used the graphic editor it gave me the warning on the skillion areas, that some of the windows (which extend floor to ceiling and have 10 degree angled tops) were higher than the walls. But I did correct all those and it no longer produces the warning. But it does still show the NaN error in BPI field.
The project is 96358

Thanks

Matt
mattnz

Postby Tominywa » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:14 pm

I'm looking for opinions on this as well. I'm thankful for all the comments.
Tominywa

Return to Graphic Design Editor