some weird things happening

Please tell me if you found any bugs.

some weird things happening

Postby rod_r » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:23 pm

hi.

been awhile since I used this program, but when I just created a new project, [ new dwelling ] the input box's don't seem to be lining up with the headings. for instance the roof identifier is sitting under the area heading. and the skylight input boxes are all crammed together to the left hand side.

also, is there the ability to put in number of skylights if there are lots of the same size. I was putting them in separately and exceeded the maximum allowed?

regards,

rod
rod_r

Re: some weird things happening

Postby Albrecht Stoecklein » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:23 am

Hi Rod,

The layout issue sounds to me like it is browser related. Which browser are you using? If you let me know I'll have a look.

Regarding the skylights: You can simply combine all the skylight areas and then enter them as one (assuming all the roofs where the skylights are located have the same construction details and R-values. So if you have ten skylights, each 600x600, you could simply enter one skylight at 1mx3.6m.

That is because the H1 calculation only needs to consider the total area of surfaces, rather than the individual shapes. In reality, in particular with windows, the R-value of a 1mx3.6m window will be different from a 0.6mx0.6m one because they have different proportions of framing. But the Building Code does not go into that much details.

Hope that helps.

Sunny regards

Albrecht
Albrecht Stoecklein

Re: some weird things happening

Postby rod_r » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:55 am

Hi Albrecht

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Internet explorer in windows 8
rod_r

Return to Bug Reports