Floor values?

Please tell me if you found any bugs.

Floor values?

Postby Kerry-Sue » Thu May 16, 2013 11:06 am

No matter what I type in the H1 floor value calculator the answer is NaN :evil: This has been going on for awhile now I have tried it in many different jobs & all the same. Therefore I have to go back to the books to work out floor insulation, not cool.
Kerry-Sue

Re: Floor values?

Postby Albrecht Stoecklein » Thu May 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi Kerry-Sue,

Thanks for your feedback.

What browser are you using? Could you please also upload or e-mail me a screen shot showing the wrong results. (designnavigator@gmail.com)

Below is a screenshot that I just created and that seems to be fine (using Firefox).

PS: NaN stands for "Not a Number". It is usually -but not always- related to a data entry error, such as a comma instead of a decimal point, or empty spaces in front of a number, etc.

Sunny regards

Albrecht
Albrecht Stoecklein

Postby Kerry-Sue » Wed May 22, 2013 10:43 am

I am using Chrome. It says NaN before I type anything & it doesn't change no matter what I type.
printscreen.png
printscreen.png (629.07 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
Kerry-Sue

Postby Albrecht Stoecklein » Wed May 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi Kerry-Sue,

Have you tried entering a floor area in the Suspended Floor Area [m2] cell? That should fix it.

The R-value of the underfloor space is R-0 for pole houses, but the way the program is set up is that you still need to enter a value for the floor area. I'll see whether I can change that.

Sunny regards

Albrecht
Albrecht Stoecklein

Postby Kerry-Sue » Thu May 23, 2013 10:30 am

Ahhh...thanks. :oops:
I have always wondered about it when it is a floor above garage, suspended floor, continuous perimeter wall, sheltered?
Kerry-Sue

Postby Albrecht Stoecklein » Thu May 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi Kerry-Sue,

A floor above a garage would generally be considered a suspended floor with a continuous perimeter wall.

However, the heatloss of a subfloor with a perimeter wall depends on the perimeter wall surface area. Because a garage wall is usually around 2.4m high there will be high heat losses and the thermal improvement that the "subfloor" (garage) adds to the suspended floor R-value would be very small.

If there is a "normal" 0.6m high perimeter wall the R-value contribution can be around R-0.2 to R-0.4.

If there are lots of other buildings or plants around the subfloor space it would be considered sheltered. That would increase the subfloor R-value slightly.

I hope that clarifies it.

Sunny regards

Albrecht
Albrecht Stoecklein

Postby EzekielK » Sat May 20, 2017 11:04 pm

Kerry-Sue wrote:Ahhh...thanks. :oops:
I have always wondered about it when it is a floor above garage, suspended floor, continuous perimeter wall, sheltered?

Same here but now I get it!
EzekielK

Return to Bug Reports